This week was… well, quite the week! Who else felt far more behind than relaxed after Monday’s Columbus Day? This week, I spent most of my time working on a large partnership that launches on my blog this Monday. The project fits me like a glove and really made me think about the purpose of this blog. I’m very proud of the post and can’t wait to share it with you! Until then, let’s talk about Feel Good Friday…
1. You can stream James Franco’s Bar Mitzvah tomorrow. Yes, you read that correctly. Seriously — James Franco’s Bar Mitzvah is a variety show put on by Hilarity for Charity, an organization founded by Seth Rogen and friends to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease. (via Hello Giggles)
2. I’m having baby fever you guys… seriously. Not the crawling, pooping, crying kind… just the fluffy ones. Minnie, my adorably sweet corgi, turned four years old last week and ever since I’ve been seeing videos and photos of the cutest baby pups. For example, this baby corgi who can’t handle this pumpkin. Is it time for fur baby #2? (via Hello Giggles)
3. I can’t help but LOVE this post from Nicole of Lipstick & Brunch. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I went to a blogger brunch at Topgolf Houston where I attempted to golf like a pro. Thankfully, my girl friends are MUCH better golfers than me. Watch Nicole’s recap here and watch my embarrassing attempt for a laugh. (via Lipstick & Brunch)
4. As a social media executive, I can tell you I’m a little freaked out about how co-dependent we all are on social networks. If we’re going to be addicted to our newsfeed, all of us might as well be, right? Facebook is making itself more accessible to blind users through artificial intelligence. (via Upworthy)
5. I’m grateful to be heading to TEDxHouston this Sunday to learn from inspiring leaders making changes in my new city. This week, Levo League shared seven great TED talks to get you out of a work rut. Did I mention what a “rut” I was in about 7 months ago before moving to Texas? Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Your Elusive Creative Genius” helped lift me out. See the full list here. (via Levo League)
Happy Friday! Have an uplifting story to share? Leave it in the comment section below!