Happy Monday! This weekend felt like a non-stop whirlwind of events and I haven’t had the time to catch my breath! I wanted to pop-in to share some photos from this weekend’s Wine & Food Week, hosted at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel. Brian and I relived our California adventures (you know, the time we tried to be really fancy and pretend we knew the difference between a petite syrah and a regular syrah).
After I wrapped up my social media panel for the Thrive Creative Conference pop-up, I packed my bags to head out to The Woodlands. If you’re not from Houston, this gem is about 45 minutes north of my home and is a secluded little oasis away from the H-town traffic. We were invited to attend the Saturday’s Platinum Wine Vault Ultra Premium Tasting and Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase. Lucky for me, we were also allowed to stay the night at the hotel, which was absolutely gorgeous! Brian was on puppy duty and headed home to watch Minnie, but not before our mini-photoshoot in the lush landscape of the Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and a gluttonous amount of sweets and wine. In case you missed it, I shared the full rundown of the Wine & Food Week events on my blog last week. If you’re in Texas, I hope you add it to your radar for next year.
So let’s touch base on the dress that makes the Monday blues, well… less blue? This beautiful lace crop top dress is perfect for the woman who wants to feel confident and refined. (By the way, this was originally going to be my bridesmaid dress for a wedding I have next year! I couldn’t wait that long.) The dress has a transparent cutout to make you feel a little less exposed and the full skirt adds the perfect dose of elegance. I really would love this dress in another color, but also have my eye on this lace off-the-shoulder number. As for the jewelry, these marble pieces are courtesy of 7 Charming Sisters. If you use code “CupOfCharisma15” you get 15% off your purchase.
It’s been quite a week, so here are a few of the main things happening that I haven’t had a chance to share:
- I finally got a gym membership! I enrolled in Equinox and even got a personal trainer. Prepare for endless amounts of whining on my Insta-stories until the routine kicks in. I think I haven’t been able to walk for roughly three days! Squats are a killer…
- I have a $500 gift card giveaway happening on the blog – to Target AKA the Motherland.
- I have done FOUR public speaking events this year! That was a big goal of mine in January – what goals do you have for 2017?
- I am moving into a new apartment next week, so prepare for a full-on home decor post.
- Finally, I will be visiting NYC TWICE in July. Do you have any must-do items I should add to my list?
This post is partnership with Wine & Food Week and The Woodlands Waterway Marriot. Thanks for inviting me to join this special event!