Is the only thing stopping you from blogging your writer’s block? If you’re fresh out of ideas or in a creative rut, it can make blogging feel like a near-impossible task. As someone who knows the struggle, I took the time to brainstorm 150 blog post ideas for the new year. Whether you’re a veteran blogger looking for different angles or new blogger in search of ideas and tactics, I hope this list sparks inspiration for a year’s worth of quality content.
What Makes a Good Blog Post?
When brainstorming blog post ideas and creative content, I have a few criteria I use as a rule of thumb:
- What’s a question my readers are asking and how can I answer it?
- How does this blog post help the reader? What will they gain from this post?
- How do I personally connect to this topic?
- What makes my blog post unique?
Where to Find Blog Post Ideas and Inspiration?
Outside of asking and actively answering questions in your category of interest for your lifestyle blog, research is a necessity. Sites like Answer The Public can help you find subjects people are searching for online. Google Keyword Planner is another valuable tool for boosting SEO and brainstorming.
Similar in ways to Google, Pinterest works like a search engine. When you use the search bar, you’ll notice a dropdown list that includes “Trending Searches.” The trending searches section is filled with the content people are in need of, making for excellent blog post ideas and fodder.
150 Blog Post Ideas for the Year
I rounded up a variety of blog post ideas in every category I could dream up. Let these get your ideas flowing:
- What are your goals this quarter or year?
- If you could meet anyone who would it be and why?
- Ask your readers for questions they have about you and answer them on your site!
- What’s the best advice anyone has ever told you?
- What job would you do if you could do anything and why?
Roundupof your favorite things (like Oprah, of course)
- List your favorite blogs to read
- List your favorite Instagrammers to follow
- What change do you want to see in the world?
- X fun facts about you
- Share your personal bucket list
- X things to do before [insert your age] (ex. I turn 30 this year, so I’d compile 30 Things to Do Before You’re 30 or even 29 Lessons I Learned at 29)
- Working full-time and blogging on the side? Tell people about your day job!
- What are your family traditions?
- A highlight reel of your photos from Instagram to catch your readers up to speed. This is also a great way to get your readers to follow you on Instagram if they haven’t already!
Self-Care and Productivity
- Share your morning routing
- A guide to how you stay productive
- Your self-care routine
- Tips for practicing mindfulness
- How do you stay organized (Do you use a planner or a bullet journal? Do you have an online to-do list like Trello?)
- Your favorite apps to stay organized and productive
- How to maximize your time (you can even share your daily schedule!)
- How to boost your creativity
- Tips for staying focused
- How to disconnect (Perhaps you take a social media break and write about it for your readers!)
- How to declutter your digital life
- List the women you admire most
- Your favorite quotes of all time
- Favorite places to find inspiration
- Your biggest motivators
- X best Ted Talks on a certain subject
- Books to motivate you or get your through a slump
- The best feel-good movies
- Positive Instagram accounts to follow
- How have you learned from and overcome failure or a certain challenge in your life?
- Q&A with an inspiring person you’d like to feature on your blog
- Write a letter to your younger self
- Write a letter to your future self
- Lessons you learned in your career, college, etc.
- Travel essentials: what are the items you can’t leave home without?
- A recap of one of your favorite vacations (these do great on Pinterest!)
- Tips for packing a suitcase
- Top 5 places you’ve visited and why
- Playlist for a road trip
- Podcasts for a road trip or plane ride
- Tips for packing light
- 48 hours in a city
- The best [insert idea here] around the world (ex. best hotels, coffee shops, bookstores, etc.)
- Be the local expert! Share the best places to see in your city
- Best books to bring on a plane
- How to save money on travel and airfare
- Apps to help you travel
Fashion and Beauty
- Outfit post styling Pantone’s Color of the Year (this year is coral)
- How to treat [insert your skin type here]
- How to style [your hair type here]
- Tips for skincare
- Favorite nail polish colors or manicure trends of the season
- Hairstyles for the holiday (Think Valentine’s Day, New Years, Christmas, etc. This post can be evergreen)
- Favorite holy grail beauty products
- Hair or beauty tips for a season (ex. Skincare Tips for Winter or Hair Tips to Fight Summer Humidity)
- How to create a capsule collection
- The best online sales
- A roundup of your favorite products under a certain dollar amount
- DIY clothing or jewelry project
- Everyday makeup look
- Gift guides
- What’s in your purse?
- Seasonal trends
- How to create a capsule collection
Food and Drink
- Recipes for the road
- Healthy snacks
- Under 30-minute recipes
- Themed cocktail recipes
- Mocktail recipes for non-drinkers
Fitness and Health
- Daily workout routine
- Favorite ways to break a sweat
- Favorite online fitness YouTubers or Instagram accounts to follow
- Fitness goals and aspirations
- What’s in your gym bag?
- Tips for healthy eating or meal prep
- Trying a new way of life like Keto or Whole 30? Blog about it
- Your experience and lessons learned living with a certain health issue
- Vegan/vegetarian recipes
Dating, Engagement, and Marriage
- Relationship and dating advice
- Tips to stay safe online dating
- The story of how you met your significant other
- Lessons from breakups
- Date night ideas
- How to make your wedding a socially conscious one
- Your engagement story
- Share your wedding photos with your favorite moments from the night
- How to plan a… (outdoor wedding, wedding on a budget, DIY wedding, etc.)
- DIY party favors for your bridal shower or wedding
- Travel guide for your bachelorette or bachelor party
- Tips for writing your own vows
- How to be present with your family
- Halloween costume DIY ideas
- The best trips to take as a family
- Packing for a family
- Creative kids snacks
- What to pack in your hospital bag when you’re expected
- Maternity fashion
- Ideas for family fun days
- Kids fashion
- Craft projects for the family
Social Good and Charity
- List ways to give back to your community
- X ways to show kindness
- Blog about what’s going on in the world and how to get involved
- Gift guides that give back
- Your favorite fashion brands that give back
- How to live more an eco-friendly life
- Your favorite green beauty products
- How to repurpose your outfits and create less waste
- Interview someone from a local charity you admire
- Document your time volunteering
- What does feminism mean to you?
- How to get involved in politics on the local level
Music, Film and Books
- Review a new album
- Movie reviews
- Movies with inspiring female leads
- Create a Spotify playlist to share with your audience
- Share a monthly reading list
- Write a book review or create a book club for your followers
- Dish on your favorite podcasts of the moment
Home, Hosting and DIY
- Themed party ideas
- DIY home projects
- Before-and-after posts of home renovations
- Moving tips and tricks
- Tips for hosting parties (What are the things you wish you knew before your first big party? What items are must-haves?)
- Anything and everything home decor!
- Transitioning your home with the seasons
- Holiday home decor
- Home organization tips
- How to decorate a smaller space
- Party décor tips
- Party favor ideas
Blogging and Business
- The reason you started blogging
- The story behind your blog name
- How to set goals for your business/blog
- Expectations vs. Reality: Have a funny behind-the-scenes story about what goes into your blog? Be relatable and share it.
- How to
- What’s it like working in your industry?
- Your favorite apps and tools for editing photos
- A step-by-step guide to taking a great
- The best blogger conferences to attend
- The lessons you’ve learned from bloggers
- Apps every blogger needs
- How to host an amazing event
- Share your business goals
- What makes a great blog post?
Did I miss a category you’re looking for? Let me know in the comments! I’d love your feedback. Now get to writing!