Today’s gift guide is for the girls! (Don’t judge me, but I DEFINITELY read that in the tune of Martina McBride’s “This One’s For the Girl’s”.) Whether you know me personally or follow me on social media, you know I proudly and emphatically support women’s rights and call myself a feminist. I’ve shared my favorite feminist books and reflected on my own ideology. I’ve used this space as a way to talk about women’s rights and strive to inspire those around me to get civically engaged. It should come as no surprise that I had a blast putting together these gift ideas for feminists.
Can we really ever have too much girl power in our reach? Because I had so many favorites, I’ve added a few extra items for you to browse in the below gallery. Some of these items are my personal possessions (like this uterus pin I wear on my denim jacket that attracts SO MUCH ATTENTION) and others are items that I would LOVE to receive from a fellow friend and feminist.
A few thoughts came to mind when putting together this guide:
- Feminism isn’t a bad word.
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg is my spirit animal and I’d happily spare a year of my life (or a few ribs) to keep her here longer!
- Uteruses make really crazy conversation starters when you wear one on your jacket.
- You can never have too many mugs of coffee in the name of equality.
- Surround yourself with inimitable and empowering women who lift each other up rather than tear each other down.
- When in doubt, just quote Beyonce.
- Help your friends and family support intersectional feminism because it is a step forward, not a trend.
- The future IS female.
XO happy shopping!
P.S. One of my favorite things on the list is from the Etsy shop The Nasty Mujer! I adore the art print of Gloria Steinem that was gifted to me!